Re: SQL (Venn diagram type of logic)

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: SQL (Venn diagram type of logic)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
You can start by creating 3 views for your 3 categories:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cat_a (
   account_id,
   sales_cat_a
) AS
SELECT
   account_id,
   sum(sale_price) as sales_cat_a
FROM
   sales -- Assuming sales is the table with the data
WHERE
   product_id in ('prod1', 'prod2')
GROUP BY
   account_id

Then do the same with a cat_b and cat_c view.

This will give you subtotals for each category.

As for your Venn Diagram, these views may be helpful or may not.  To determine what to do, please provide a little more information:
1. What do you want your final result to look like - what columns?
2. Will each row returned represent one account, one of the 7 sections of the diagram or a combination of these two?
3. When you say total amount do you total amount spent in that section of the diagram or the total amount spent by that person?