Re: regarding bdr extension

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: regarding bdr extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/1/18 1:08 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:43 PM Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/28/18 8:41 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
>      > Hi
>      >
>      > This is regarding bdr extension issue. I got below error at the
>     time i
>      > have tried to create the bdr extention
>      >
>      >
>      > ERROR: could not open extension control file
>      > "opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control": No
>     such file
>      > or directory
>
>     OS and version?
>
>     How are you installing BDR, from package or source?
>
>     What was the exact command that led to the error?
>
>     Does opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control exist?
>
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Regards
>      > Durgamahesh Manne
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver
>

>   Hi
>
>      OS and version?
>
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
> NAME="Ubuntu"
> VERSION="16.04.3 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
> ID=ubuntu
> ID_LIKE=debian
> PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
> VERSION_ID="16.04"
> HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
> SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
> BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
> VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
> UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial
>
> database version is 10
>
> 2) How are you installing BDR, from package or source?
>
> i am trying to install bdr by using postgres 10 one click installer

This one?:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/

Since you are on Ubuntu why not use the PGDG repo?:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

> 3) What was the exact command that led to the error?
>
>   after  i have installed postgres 10  i ran CREATE EXTENSION bdr led to
> error
>
> 4) Does opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control exist?

Understood, but the question remains does that file exist in the
location specified above?

If it does then there is possibly a permissions problem. If it does not
then either the extension was installed somewhere else or it was not
installed at all.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com