Re: pgsql: Avoid using platform-dependent floats in test case.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Avoid using platform-dependent floats in test case.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 10/26/2016 04:42 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>> Avoid using platform-dependent floats in test case.
>> The number of decimals printed for floats varied in this test case, as
>> noted by several buildfarm members. There's nothing special about floats
>> and arrays in the code being tested, so replace the floats with numerics to
>> make the output platform-independent.
>
> Numerics aren't entirely platform-independent in Python, either,
> cf prairiedog.  Is it okay to use text?

Oh, thanks for prodding, I didn't notice it was still failing, I thought
it just hadn't run since that fix.

There is actually a similar test for text already. I don't really have
any reason to believe that this would work differently with different
datatypes, adding tests with different datatypes was perhaps overkill in
the first place. I'm going to just remove the offending case.

- Heikki