Re: Timestamp changes committed to HEAD

От emergency.shower@gmail.com
Тема Re: Timestamp changes committed to HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 8/1/05, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
> I've committed my Timestamp/Date/Time changes to CVS HEAD; here's the
> commit message. With these changes {get,set}{Timestamp,Date,Time} should
> respect Calendars properly and not make any assumptions about server
> timezone vs. JVM timezone.

This driver version works better with {get,set}Timestamp than any
other versions I've tested before.

My tests use three 8.03 severs with server timezones UTC, CET and
America/St_Johns (Newfoundland).

Timestamps 1970-01-01 00:00:00+0000, 2000-01-01 00:00:00+0000 and
2000-07-01 00:00:00+0000 are written to TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE and
TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE fields, read, and then compared to the
original values. Additionally, the values in the database were checked
with pgAdmin III as a client.

Everything seems to be OK, except that read operations from the
America/St_Johns server lead to a deviation of minus half an hour,
probably due to a rounding error in the driver's getTimestamp
implementation.

Regards,
Alex

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp changes committed to HEAD
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp changes committed to HEAD