Re: Retrieve large objects from file system

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Retrieve large objects from file system
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Vitaly Larchenkov wrote:
> I need to store pretty large (2-3 Gb) files in database.
> Is it possible to store column values (my blobs) in directory and access them with sql queries?

Not directly, no.

> I found “file_fdw" but it works with sources that suitable for COPY FROM, but i want to have
> few regular columns like “date_added”, “version” and “object” which values  points to file in
> directory with objects.

You'd have to use Large Objects for that: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/largeobjects.html

But it is usually faster and better to leave large files like that on the file system,
access them from the client side and store their location in the database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe