Re: PHP and PostgreSQL boolean data type

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: PHP and PostgreSQL boolean data type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10 February 2010 12:11, A. Kretschmer
<andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A long-standing problem we've had with PostgreSQL queries in PHP is
>> that the returned data for boolean columns is the string 'f' instead
>> of the native boolean value of false.
>
> http://andreas.scherbaum.la/blog/archives/302-BOOLEAN-datatype-with-PHP-compatible-output.html

Thanks guys.  I can see that this is specifically a PHP issue then.
It seems like an extreme workaround though.  I'd rather see the PHP
library updated in a way that would somehow not break existing code
which checked for an 'f'.  Not quite sure what the solution would be.

Thanks

Thom