Re: Warm standby failover mechanism

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Warm standby failover mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As a note, all PITRTools does is wrap around all the tools that you are
trying to make work. So you will still need pg_standby, rsync, ssh
etc...

I have updated the wiki to make it a bit more friendly.

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools/wiki

I've given PITRTools a try, but I have been unsuccessful in utilising it.  I've configured both ini files, everything owned by user postgres, and upon running "./cmd_archiver -C cmd_archiver.ini" I get:

NOTICE: check_config_func()
NOTICE: Performing standard archive
NOTICE: archive_func()
NOTICE: send_queue_func()
NOTICE: list_queue_func()
NOTICE: generate_slave_list_func()
NOTICE: Your slaves are: ['192.168.1.17']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../pitr_tools/cmd_archiver", line 343, in <module>
    archive_func()
  File "../pitr_tools/cmd_archiver", line 254, in archive_func
    queue = send_queue_func()
  File "../pitr_tools/cmd_archiver", line 219, in send_queue_func
    for host in list_queue_func():
  File "../pitr_tools/cmd_archiver", line 202, in list_queue_func
    list_archives = os.listdir(queuedir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/postgresql/archive/192.168.1.17'

The only time that IP address appears in the INI file is on the slaves line, so I'm not sure why it's trying to find a directory called that.