Re: Warm standby failover mechanism

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Warm standby failover mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the link Simon, but this doesn't recommend any method for triggering failover, or telling the primary that another server is now primary.

We've set up a primary server in archive mode to continuously archive to an NFS mount, and the standby server to continuously recovery from that directory (although I'm not sure that's actually working... I've probably overlooked something).  The problem we face is working out how to tell the standby server that it is the primary.  Yes this can be done with a trigger file in /tmp, but how would that automatically appear there?  And when the failed server actually restarted, or the Postgres service restarts, how do we tell it that it is no longer the primary?

Thanks

Thom

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/pgstandby.html

--