Re: Automatic database upgrade

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Automatic database upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/2/5 Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>
> > Debian has an add-on named pg_upgradecluster which transforms an
> > existing cluster into a new one transferring databases via dump/restore.
> >
> > This works nicely as long as the databases are not "too large" with
> > respect to the hardware specs they are running on.
> Ah really?  Is that a Debian-only tool?
Pretty much as it assumes packages are installed they way they are
on Debian.

> If not, how would I get a copy on Gentoo?
You'd have to port it (or have it ported by making Gentoo maintainers
talk to the Debian PostgreSQL package maintainer).

Karsten

That's a shame.  When 8.4 comes out, I'll have to look carefully at the documentation for upgrading from 8.3.5.

Thanks

Thom

От: "Karsten Hilbert"
Сообщение: Re: Automatic database upgrade
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Pet Peeves?