Re: How can I display the contents of a function?

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: How can I display the contents of a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks everyone!  I looked around the user-defined functions section of the documentation, but there wasn't any mention of this.  I'm sure others would find it useful if it were included, or at least referenced to.

Thom

2009/1/19 A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>
> I would like to see what's in a function.  I can do this if I use pgAdmin III
> just by clicking on the function, and it appears in the SQL pane opposite.  But
> how is this done?  Is there a command like DESCRIBE FUNCTION logging.do_stuff;
> ?  And if possible, doing this without psql.

All details about a function are stored in pg_proc. So you can do a
select on this table to retrieve the source-code.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47150,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)