Re: How does this FK constraint error happen?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How does this FK constraint error happen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/15/24 09:21, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 11:37 AM Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>

>     I don't think it is entirely coincidental that 1210 is the only shown
>     user_id with a modified_on value that is in proximity to the delete
>     error.
>

> I don't think so either.
>
>     My suspicion is that actions are not happening in the exact order
>     you think they are.
>

> modified_on is CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or NOW() or somesuch.  I'm not sure,
> because I'm not privy to the code.
>
> But I'm printing the system time in bash before every statement.

That is why I wrote 'Time travel?'.

I suspect the modified_on time in the table is not accurately
representing when the row is modified.

>     I would think that combining DELETE FROM
>     rel_group_user; and DELETE FROM public.access_user; in a single
>     transaction would be a good start to fixing this.
>

> That is in fact what I'm working on now.  There are 26 tables, and they
> must be done in a specific order when deleting, and the reverse while
> inserting.
>
> postgres_fdw would make this easier...

It can't be installed?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: How does this FK constraint error happen?