Re: BUG #17073: docs - "Improve signal handling reliability"

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: BUG #17073: docs - "Improve signal handling reliability"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On 2021/07/01 10:57, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2021-Jun-30, David G. Johnston wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 5:54 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>> Since this explains the commit 2945a488a, it's better to describe
>>> something like the following?
>
>> The wording still needs some work...but is this even release note worthy?
>>
>> We forget to check for interrupts before sleeping in an otherwise busy-wait
>> loop.  We corrected the oversight.
>
> Yeah, it's a good question.  I wonder if this should be back-patched, so
> it'd be noted as a bugfix in the next set of minors rather than as a new
> feature for 14.

Yes. I'm not sure why I did not back-patch the change, but IMO it's worth doing that.
Barring any objection, I will do that.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17073: docs - "Improve signal handling reliability"