Re: Optmal tags design?

От Bryan Murphy
Тема Re: Optmal tags design?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
We store tags on our items like this like this:

Tag.ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
Tag.Value TEXT LCASE NOT NULL UNIQUE

Item.ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY

ItemTagBinding.ItemID INT NOT NULL REFERENCES Item.ID
ItemTagBinding.TagID INT NOT NULL REFERENCES Tag.ID
ItemTagBinding.ItemID + ItemTagBinding.TagID UNIQUE

with appropriate indexes on the columns we need to frequently query.

We have about 3 million tag bindings right now, and have not run into any performance issues related to tagging other than generating tag clouds (which we pre-calculate anyway).

I'll have to get back to you when we get up to 10's, or even 100's of millions and let you know how it scaled.

Bryan