Please make these modifications to the Open dialog for the Query Tool

От Patrick Headley
Тема Please make these modifications to the Open dialog for the Query Tool
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

I appreciate the GUI updates that were made to the Query Tool in v4.2. Here's a new request.

Using pgAdmin4 v4.2 in Windows 7 running in desktop mode. In the query tool, when I attempt to open a saved script, the Name column in the Open Dialog isn't wide enough and it can't be adjusted. I tried to find an adjuster on the line between the Name and Size columns but couldn't. I also tried to make the dialog wider but the columns don't change width. And finally, the next time the Open dialog opens, the width is set back to the default.

I hope you can see the screen shot. If so, you will see that I use long, descriptive file names for my scripts. Better than using cryptic names. It would be helpful if I could read the entire name. I thought about decreasing the text size in the file list but I don't see an option for that in the preferences.

Please make the width of the Open dialog box open at the last width used. Make the column widths adjustable and have them retain their size between calls to the dialog. Remember the width of the dialog box between calls.

Also, please let me know how to adjust the text size in the Open dialog, if an option already exists. Otherwise, please add the option or maybe just use the font sizes specified in the query tool.

--
Patrick Headley
Linx Consulting, Inc.