Re: getting oid of function

От Sibtay Abbas
Тема Re: getting oid of function
Дата
Re: getting oid of function  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
thank you for the detailed reply
But what i wanted to know is that how can we actually get a function's
oid from its
name from within postgresql code itself

Actually i ve introduced a new statement in plpgsql, that supports calling
a plpgsql function from within a plpgsql function for example

CALL function_name( <params>);

Here i only have the function name, i need to fetch the Oid of the
function so that
i can construct FmgrInfo and FunctionCallInfoData structures, so that
i can compile (if required) and execute that function.

There is a function like SearchSysCache(PROCOID,.....................
that would retrieve the pg_proc Tuple on the basis of function Oid
passed to it, so can use this function to return a pg_proc Tuple on
the basis of a function name?
Or is there any alternate function avaible that can achieve this

Thank you

regards
Sibtay

In case i am taking a wrong approach I would be thankful if anyone can
correct me.