Re: BUG #17844: Memory consumption for memoize node

От Alexey Ermakov
Тема Re: BUG #17844: Memory consumption for memoize node
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2023-03-19 15:33, David Rowley wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 at 13:22, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems to be related to a bug in nodeMemoize.c where we're
>> evaluating the cache key expressions in the ExecutorState context. We
>> should really be in a more temporary context that gets reset early in
>> cache_lookup() before the call to prepare_probe_slot(). I'll need to
>> look in a bit more detail about what that context actually should be.
> I've attached fix_memoize_memory_leak.patch to address this.
>
> Using your test case, here are the memory stats before and after the
> fix (taken during ExecEndMemoize).

Thanks a lot! Could you please point me in the direction how to get such
memory stats ? I might know another memory leak I'd like to check but
sadly I don't know right tools to measure memory usage.

--

Thanks,

Alexey Ermakov

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17844: Memory consumption for memoize node
От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17847: Unaligned memory access in ltree_gist