Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication and Character encoding

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication and Character encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<AT5PR84MB0084FAE5976D89CDE9733093EE4A0@AT5PR84MB0084.NAMPRD84.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
>>  I tried a committed Logical Replication environment. I found
>>  that replication between databases of different encodings did
>>  not convert encodings in character type columns. Is this
>>  behavior correct?
>
> The output plugin for subscription is pgoutput and it currently
> doesn't consider encoding but would easiliy be added if desired
> encoding is informed.
>
> The easiest (but somewhat seems fragile) way I can guess is,
>
> - Subscriber connects with client_encoding specification and the
>   output plugin pgoutput decide whether it accepts the encoding
>   or not. If the subscriber doesn't, pgoutput send data without
>   conversion.

Hmm I wonder if we should just make the subscriber send the
client_encoding always (based on server encoding of the subscriber).
That should solve the issue in combination with your patch no?

Services