Re: Best way to return Random rows from a table with non-repeatability of rows

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: Best way to return Random rows from a table with non-repeatability of rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Dear folks,
>
> I have a table with thousands of rows ( currently 15 thousand but will grow very fast).
> I need to return from the query rows which are random and non-repeating.
>  I know there is random() function, but would like to know from postgresql practitioners before embarking that path.
> Please let me know what is best way to handle this type of queries.
>
> regards
> Kiran

Hi,

if you're using Postgres >= 9.5 what you are looking for is TABLESAMPLE.

Syntax is here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-select.html

Google tablesample+postgres to get some examples on how to use it.

Bye,
Chris.

Сообщение: Re: How to hint 2 coulms IS NOT DISTINCT FROM each other
Сообщение: Re: How to hint 2 coulms IS NOT DISTINCT FROM each other