Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/14/21 10:19 AM, Sándor Daku wrote:

> I'm not sure, but maybe a kind of cast function that cast everything
> into a reasonable common unit(Khm... millimeters) and sort on that? It
> seems relatively simple to pick up the value and unit from a string with
> a regexp. Admittedly the data would still be a mess.

I see the potential for another crash landing:) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter#Cause_of_failure

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Sándor Daku
Сообщение: Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc
От: "bret_stern@machinemanagement.com"
Сообщение: Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc