[sap-portals-admins] Re: (unknown)

От hialqayed
Тема [sap-portals-admins] Re: (unknown)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Darren,
   I just want to thank you very much for the valuable information
and for the time you have put to answer all these questions.
Woaaaaa you know too much :)

Regards,
       Hamad

--- In sap-portals-admins@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Hague"
<darren.hague@a...> wrote:
> Hello Hamad,
>
> I have answered your questions below.
>

> (1) What is the role of LDAP when we have the portal authenticated
> against Windows2000 ? In another word, Is the corporate LDAP
involved
> in this workflow?
>
> Users are checked for existence in the corporate LDAP, and then
their
> passwords are checked against Windows 2000.
>
> (2) When we have the portal authenticated against R/3, how can the
> non-SAP users log on to the Portal ?
>
> They cannot - they must exist in SAP. Having said that, they can
exist
> with an authorisation profile which allows them to do nothing in SAP
> except access the function groups required for SAP-based
authentication.
> SAP may not consider these to be true SAP users from a licensing
> perspective - you will have to check this with SAP, of course.
>
> (3) Can I setup my portal to use two methods of authentication at
the
> same time eg. authenticated against R/3 for SAP users and against
> LDAP for non-SAP users?
>
> Not in EP5. I believe that this is possible in EP6.
>
> (4) what do I need the role migration for ? Is that necessary ?
>
> It's intended for the R/3 unifier, so that users see their available
> transactions in the iPanel. Your SAP roles may not map one-to-one
with
> your portal roles, which can be a problem. We have written our own
code
> to import SAP user-to-role mappings into LDAP as user-to-group
mappings.
> From there, we can map users or groups in LDAP to portal roles,
> effectively allowing many-to-one SAP role to Portal role mappings.
>
> (5) Using SSO when I connect to R/3 system (where my R/3 password
is
> expired), what will happen ? do I still get connected, what kind of
> message do I get ?
>
> We have had a similar issue when logging into the portal using SAP-
based
> authentication. We have had to write our own code which checks
whether a
> user's SAP password has expired when they log in, and then allows
them
> to change their password.
>
> (6) What kind of configurations I need to allow accessing the
Portal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/50hrlB/TM