Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/27/20 10:38 PM, rob stone wrote:

> If the menu is built from a table in your database, then when
> "Processing report" starts you could set a flag (boolean) against those
> items so that if anybody tried to log-in or access those items, you
> could simply display a message along the lines of "Processing report is
> running. Please try again later".
>
> When "Processing report" finishes, it just clears that flag.
>
> HTH,
> Rob

Conversely, the OP could be asking for a way to turn "process report" to
active state when no one is using the other features: each of them could
set a lock/counter I guess and when all counters are zero enable process
button.  The notion of waiting for "all clear" from the app or the db
before running reports does seem odd though.  Do certain actions from
the app leave the database in an inconsistent state and break the report
were it run at the same time?