Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.12.23 02:14, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hmm.  Interesting.  So this basically comes down to the fact that GZIP
> and TAR are required in ./configure because distcheck has a hard
> dependency on both, but we don't support this target in meson.  Is
> that right?

No, the issue is that gzip and tar are not required by configure (it
will proceed if they are not found), but they are currently required by
meson.build (it will error if they are not found).

They are used in two different areas.  One is for "make dist", but that
doesn't affect meson anyway.

The other is various test suites.  The test suites are already set up to
skip tests when gzip and tar are not found.