Re: [GENERAL] Final pg_dumpall should happen in Single-User-Mode

От Thomas Güttler
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Final pg_dumpall should happen in Single-User-Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just for the records, I use this solution now:
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/186045/how-do-i-prevent-changes-to-my-database/186051#186051

Change the port of PostgreSQL on prod-server-old. This way it is unlikely that clients connect to the DB during
pg_dumpall --port=OTHER_PORT

BTW: In my case a short down-time is no problem.

Regards,  Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
I am looking for feedback: https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines