How to set connection timeout for pgAdmin 4 (postgres 9.6)

От Gutfreund, Yechezkal
Тема How to set connection timeout for pgAdmin 4 (postgres 9.6)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

I have read the article listed here many times

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/97534/is-there-a-timeout-option-for-remote-access-to-postgresql-database

but I still have no idea where one sets the config parameter for connection_timeout. I am connecting from a local host to a local host, so there should be no real problems with keep-alives and firewall rules. So I don’t know what is causing the timeout (about every 10 minutes)

I am using PgAdmin 4 v1, PostGreSQL 9.6 on windows 10.

I would like to know the path to:

- Is this something that has to be set in the server, (e.g. postgresql.conf) and what is the value to set?

 - Or is this something in the client (and where is the client config and what has to be set?)

 - Or is this a bug in PGADMIN

- Or something else

I see others are also confused:

  [1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24090683/how-to-set-connection-timeout-value-for-pgadmin

Dr. Yechezkal Gutfreund

Notice: This email and any attachments may contain proprietary (Draper non-public) and/or export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all copies of this email.