Re: documentation is now XML

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: documentation is now XML
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/23/18 22:24, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I like TeX as much as the next guy --- I wrote my thesis with it,
>> a long time ago --- but there's no denying that (a) it's got hard
>> limits we're approaching, (b) the downstream conversion to PDF is
>> buggy, and (c) nobody is working on fixing it.
>
> All agreed, but what alternatives are being developed?

We are using FOP now, which appears to give reasonable results.  There
are also commercial/proprietary/expensive XSL-FO processors that give
even better results.  Some of those are used in professional publishing.

That's where things are now.  The next wave in this area will be doing
the whole thing with HTML and CSS.