Re: Generating code for query jumbling through gen_node_support.pl

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Generating code for query jumbling through gen_node_support.pl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25.01.23 01:08, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 03:57:56PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Makes sense.  That would be my intention if 0004 is the most
>> acceptable and splitting things makes things a bit easier to review.
>
> There was a silly mistake in 0004 where the jumbling code relied on
> compute_query_id rather than utility_query_id, so fixed and rebased as
> of v7 attached.

Overall, this looks good to me.

There are a couple of repetitive comments, like "typmod and collation
information are irrelevant for the query jumbling".  This applies to all
nodes, so we don't need to repeat it for a number of nodes (and then not
mention it for other nodes).  Maybe there should be a central place
somewhere that describes "these kinds of fields should normally be ignored".