Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round2 - compilation issues.

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round2 - compilation issues.
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR.Round 2 - compilation issues.
Список pgsql-general
On 05/12/2017 08:13 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Yesterday I had problems getting repmgr installed, since our PostgreSQL
> installs to a non-standard place, and doesn't use any postgresql
> repositories/packages. The responses I got generally seemed to be 'you
> need to compile it'.
>
> I'm running ubuntu server 17.04. The EnterpriseDB installer was used to
> quickly install a quick test PostgreSQL db, "testdb" under owning userid
> "testdb". Here is the output of pg_config:

This is your problem. As Adrian already mentioned, you should be running
the PGDG apt repos.

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

Universal installers are great for a one off, "Hey let's see what we can
do!" but they are not useful once you want to extend, have community
support and or do things like easily install Repmgr.

Good luck!

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.