pgsql continuing network issues

От David Bernal
Тема pgsql continuing network issues
Дата
Re: pgsql continuing network issues  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hey all,

I wrote a few days ago regarding networking issues I'm having. At this
point, I'm at my wit's end and am hoping someone can help me.

I am running postgres 8.1.0 on Windows XP w\SP2. I currently have
PGSQL configured to accept connections from my local IP, 192.168.0.100
using the listen_addresses directive.

If I try to connect to the database from the same machine using the
psql program or using NPGSQL (.NET pgsql provider) it simply hangs.
Nothing happens at all. I don't get errors in my event viewer, nor do
I get any errors in the textfile log postgresql maintains.

IF I change the listen_addresses directive to localhost, I can connect
fine and everything works EXCEPT I get the message "NOTICE:  Unknown
win32 socket error code: 10107" repeatedly anytime I do something.
This would be acceptable, except that I need to be able to access this
database at client sites.

Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who can? I'm trying to push
postgres to my clients, because it seems like a great RDBMs, but if I
can't even get a server to work, I'm going to have to switch to
something else.

Thank you,

David