Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

От seunosewa@inaira.com (Seun Osewa)
Тема Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
dwolt@iserv.net (Dawn M. Wolthuis) wrote in message news:<6db906b2.0310091212.4f967cf5@posting.google.com>...
> I would suggest ditching the entire relational model (as both overly
> simplistic in its theory and overly complex in its implementation) and
> start with English (that is one of the other names for the GIRLS
> language).  Note that language is also the starting point for putting
> data in XML documents, but it sure doesn't seem to be the starting
> point for XQuery, eh?
>
> --dawn
> Dawn M. Wolthuis
> www.tincat-group.com

Please explain further.  What do you really mean?  Its natural for
everyone here to think every word in that post was a troll unless you
explain your views more clearly.  You could not have expressed a more
unpopular/unsupportable combination of ideas!  Exactly how would we go
about using language as a query tool?  Is this AI?  What would the
underlying model be knowing how redundant and imprecise language can
be?  Tell what we may have missed.

Seun Osewa