Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/15/2016 01:30 PM, Edmundo Robles wrote:
> Hi!
> I want find  a software to 'enqueue' the client connections to database,
> so if i reach the max limit the query must be holding in a queue   until
> one connection is released.
>
> I have  many devices (100+) saving  their state to a database,  each
> minute,  but  the table is too large more than 13,000,000 of records and
> many indexes, so, insert  one record takes 3 or more minutes.
>
> Then,  there is a moment  at connection limit is reached :( and  lose
> information
>
> I tried with pgbouncer  to  'enqueue' the connections but  I  get  no
> success, maybe   I missing something...
>
> by the way:
> I use postgres 9.4 with max_connections 100
> and pgbouncer  max_connections to 100 and  reserve_pool_size=50
>
> I hope you  can help me...

To really help it would be nice to know the hardware specifications you
are working with:

CPU type and number.
RAM
Storage subsystem

Also some indication of what the load on you system as whole is. Cannot
remember what your OS is, but information from something like top and
iostat. The reasoning being that fooling with connections may not be of
much help if the system is running at its max limits already. In other
words it is possible a hardware upgrade is what is needed.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections
Сообщение: Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections