Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05/06/17 13:08, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> On 05/06/17 00:04, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>
>> On 2017-05-31 16:20, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>> On 2017-05-31 11:16, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> This looks good:
>>>
>>> -- out_20170531_1141.txt
>>>     100 -- pgbench -c 90 -j 8 -T 60 -P 12 -n   --  scale 25
>>>     100 -- All is well.
>>>
>>> So this is 100x a 1-minute test with 100x success. (This on the most
>>> fastidious machine (slow disks, meagre specs) that used to give 15%
>>> failures)
>>
>> [Improve-handover-logic-between-sync-and-apply-worker-v2.patch]
>>
>> No errors after (several days of) running variants of this. (2500x 1
>> minute runs; 12x 1-hour runs)
>
> Same here, no errors with the v2 patch applied (approx 2 days - all 1
> minute runs)

Further, reapplying the v1 patch (with a bit of editing as I wanted to
apply it to my current master), gets a failure with missing rows in the
history table quite quickly. I'll put back the v2 patch and resume runs
with that, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the v2 patch solves the issue.

regards

Mark