Re: How to redirect output from PostgreSQL pg_recvlogical to a file or a pipe?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: How to redirect output from PostgreSQL pg_recvlogical to a file or a pipe?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/13/24 3:34 PM, David Ventimiglia wrote:
> The business problem I'm trying to solve is:
>
> "How do I capture logical decoding events with the wal2json output
> encoder, filter them with jq, and pipe them to psql, using pg_recvlogical?"

I think the missing piece here is that you can't simply pipe JSON into
psql and expect anything useful to happen. Are you using jq to turn the
JSON into actual SQL statements? What does some of your jq output look like?
--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Austin TX