Re: Error from the foreign RDBMS on a foreign table I have no privilege on

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Error from the foreign RDBMS on a foreign table I have no privilege on
Дата
Re: Error from the foreign RDBMS on a foreign table I have no privilege on  (Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2022-06-10 at 17:17 +0900, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> > I am not sure if it worth adding to the documentation.  I would never have thought
> > of the problem if Phil hadn't brought it up.  On the other hand, I was surprised
> > to learn that permissions aren't checked until the executor kicks in.
> > It makes sense, but some documentation might help others in that situation.
>
> +1 for adding such a document.
>
> > I'll gladly leave the decision to your judgement as a committer.
>
> IIRC, there are no reports about this from the postgres_fdw users, so
> my inclination would be to leave the documentation alone, for now.

I understand that you are for documenting the timing of permission checks,
but not in the postgres_fdw documentation.  However, this is the only occasion
where the user might notice unexpected behavior on account of the timing of
permission checks.  Other than that, I consider this below the threshold for
user-facing documentation.

I'm ok with just doing nothing here, I just wanted it discussed in public.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe