Re: A trigger that acts on a column with a given column name

От BigSmoke
Тема Re: A trigger that acts on a column with a given column name
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/7/05, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 09:28:23PM +0200, BigSmoke wrote:
> >
> > In a trigger function, I'm trying to refer to a column given by an argument
> > to the trigger function.
>
> This comes up frequently -- search the archives for past discussion.
> The usual answer is to write the function in a language like PL/Perl,
> PL/Tcl, or PL/Python.  See the PL/Tcl documentation for an example:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/pltcl-trigger.html

Thanks for pointing me towards the right answer. Now I know not to look at
PL/PGSQL for the functionality I desire. I will either implement my desires in a
different procedural language or adjust my desires :-)

It's one of those questions for which I couldn't figure out any keywords to
search for. I'm sorry for bringing up a FAQ, which is as embarrassing
as it should
be.

 - Rowan

--
Morality is usually taught by the immoral.