Re: Logical Replication WIP

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/09/16 21:54, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-09-12 21:47:08 +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> On 09/09/16 06:33, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> The start_replication option pg_version option is not documented and
>>> not used in any later patch.  We can probably do without it and just
>>> rely on the protocol version.
>>>

>> That's leftover from binary type data transfer which is not part of this
>> initial approach as it adds a lot of complications to both protocol and
>> apply side. So yes can do without.
>
> FWIW, I don't think we can leave this out of the initial protocol
> design. We don't have to implement it, but it has to be part of the
> design.

I don't think it's a good idea to have unimplemented parts of protocol,
we have protocol version so it can be added in v2 when we have code that
is able to handle it.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: inappropriate use of NameGetDatum macro