Re: Password aging

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Password aging
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 06/02/2020 08:38, Heckler, Kim M wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there an extension that provides password aging functionality?
> i.e.  requires uses to change password after X number of days from
> last password change.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nationwide is on your side.
>

> *Kim M. Heckler*
>
> Consultant, Infrastructure Eng
>
> Proud Nationwide Member
>
> Distributed Database Services
>
> W 614-249-3014
>
> C 740-816-0908
>
> kim.heckler@nationwide.com
>
> /FORTUNE® and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse
> the products or services of, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company./

I would strongly recommend not using password aging, as it encourages
weak passwords -  comon is a base password and a number which is
incremented.

Suggest longer passwords that include special characters and don't end
in a number, so they are more difficult to crack.

My 16 character passwords look like:

Y3%oT+]tTrt9G5x:

Generated by program I wrote.

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Bzzzz
Сообщение: Re: Where condition doesn't work as expected
От: Stephen Froehlich
Сообщение: RE: Where condition doesn't work as expected