Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El 10/04/18 a las 22:40, Robert Haas escribió:

>> Having said that, I'm not averse to providing a solution if it's robust,
>> not too invasive and doesn't break other use-cases.  So far we've not
>> seen a patch that meets those conditions.
> Fair enough.

Syslogger does already rotate logs properly on SIGHUP under some
conditions, so we can just change this to unconditional rotation.
Probably some people wouldn't want their logs to be rotated on SIGHUP,
so we could also add a GUC to control this. Please see the attached patch.

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения