Re: Exporting to XML

От Mike Rylander
Тема Re: Exporting to XML
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:44:00 +0000, Charlotte Pollock
<c.pollock@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I want to export data from my postgres database.
>
> I want to output, for each record, a folder containing an XML file eg
>         <dublin_core>
>                 <dcvalue element="contributor"
> qualifier="author">Pollock, Charlotte</dcvalue>
>                 <dcvalue element="identifier"
> qualifier="isbn">asdasdasdasd</dcvalue>
>                 <dcvalue element="title" qualifier="none">Our
> Publication</dcvalue>
>                <dcvalue element="type" qualifier="none">Book</dcvalue>
>           </dublin_core>
>
> each folder (and the xml file contained within it) will contain data
> for only one record from the database.

Bibliographic(esqe) data, eh?  See my sig. :)

> Any suggestions on what might be a good way to tackle this problem,
> gratefully recieved

It depends on how the data is structured in the DB (I'm storing
MARCXML, myself) but I would suggest using a perl script with a
Template Toolkit template if you are normalizing the DC-type data on
input.

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com