Re: Performance of aggregates over set-returning functions

От John Smith
Тема Re: Performance of aggregates over set-returning functions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Interestingly though, when the range in the generate_series() was
> > small enough to fit in 4 bytes of memory (e.g.
> > generate_series(1,1000000000) ), the above query completed consuming
> > only negligible amount of memory. So, it looked like the aggregate
> > computation was being pipelined with the tuples returned from
> > generate_series().
>
> It's pipelined either way.  But int8 is a pass-by-reference data type,
> and it sounds like we have a memory leak for this case.

Thanks for your reply. How easy is it to fix this? Which portion of
the code should we look to change?

- John

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Performance of aggregates over set-returning functions
Сообщение: Re: Performance of aggregates over set-returning functions