Re: Regex query not using index

От Postgres User
Тема Re: Regex query not using index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

I was looking for another approach but didn't come across that array
syntax in my searches (perhaps because it's newer.  Thanks for a
solution.

Now to end my fixation, one last item.  What about the case of a null
or empty param value- is there a way to assign a condition value that
Postgres will ignore when processing the query?

This syntax results in a seq scan:   WHERE fielda = Coalesce(param, fielda)
because it applies only to non-nulls

Is there another way to write this- perhaps using your array syntax on
an empty array?  Basically I'd PG to ignore the condition just as it
ignores   WHERE 1 = 1