Re: Regex query not using index

От Postgres User
Тема Re: Regex query not using index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
im trying to allow the client to pass a varchar param into my
function, and want to avoid any parsing of the parameter inside the
function, or code to build a sql string.

if the function can use this code, it will be compiled and optimized
(unlike a dynamic sql stirng)

select * from mytable where fielda ~ p_param

(where p_param is the input parameter)