pg_dump out of memory

От Andy Colson
Тема pg_dump out of memory
Дата
Re: pg_dump out of memory
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I moved a physical box to a VM, and set its memory to 1Gig.  Everything
runs fine except one backup:

/pub/backup# pg_dump -Fc -U postgres -f wildfire.backup wildfirep

g_dump: Dumping the contents of table "ofrrds" failed: PQgetResult() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 1073741823.
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.ofrrds (id, updateddate, bytes) TO
stdout;

I've been reducing my memory settings:

maintenance_work_mem = 80MB
work_mem = 5MB
shared_buffers = 200MB

But it doesnt seem to make a difference.
The tables looks like:

wildfire=# \dt+ ofrrds
                    List of relations
  Schema |  Name  | Type  | Owner | Size  | Description
--------+--------+-------+-------+-------+-------------
  public | ofrrds | table | andy  | 15 MB |

ildfire=# \d ofrrds
               Table "public.ofrrds"
    Column    |          Type          | Modifiers
-------------+------------------------+-----------
  id          | character varying(100) | not null
  updateddate | bigint                 | not null
  bytes       | bytea                  |
     "ofrrds_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

wildfire=# select id, length(bytes) from ofrrds;
         id         |  length
-------------------+-----------
  muc_rooms         | 152330241
  packet_count      |  76165121
  muc_users         |  76165121
  sessions          |  76165121
  muc_occupants     |   9520641
  muc_traffic       |
  server_bytes      | 301850625
  proxyTransferRate |  76165121
  server_sessions   | 152330241
  conversations     | 304660481
(10 rows)

I'm not sure how to get this backup to run.  Any hints would be appreciated.

-Andy