Re: to know

От Luckys
Тема Re: to know
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And all would be postgres or postgresql instead of "postgre? "

On 4/24/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
karthick muthu wrote:
> hello guys,
> what do u think about the near future of postgre?

Version 8.2 will be going into beta and then released. Details of
changes already confirmed can be found in the TODO linked from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap

> what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?

Version 8.1 - and it's PostgreSQL or perhaps Postgres, never postgre.
Release notes give details of major changes:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

I can strongly recommend exploring the website at
http://www.postgresql.org/ for more information. There's a FAQ and full
set of manuals online, also lists of books you can buy.

HTH

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd