Re: [HACKERS] Improvements in psql hooks for variables

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Improvements in psql hooks for variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> Also, if you want to argue that allowing it to change intra-
> transaction is too confusing, why would we only forbid this direction
> of change and not both directions?

The thread "Surprising behaviour of \set AUTOCOMMIT ON" at:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2L28sTP-9dio3X1AaZRyWb0-ANAx6BDBi37TGmvw1hBiu0oA%40mail.gmail.com
seemed to converge towards the conclusion implemented in the autocommit_hook
proposed in the patch.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité