Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support
Дата
Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-06-27 14:50, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Peter Eisentraut
>> What would be the advantage of using wolfSSL over OpenSSL?
>
> Avoiding the OpenSSL-vs-GPL linkage problem with readline.

We have added support for allegedly-OpenSSL compatible libraries such as
LibreSSL before, so some tweaks for wolfSSL would seem acceptable.
However, I doubt we are going to backpatch them, so unless you want to
take responsibility for that as a packager, it's not really going to
help anyone soon.  And OpenSSL 3.0.0 will have a new license, so for the