Re: Mat Views and Conflicts

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Mat Views and Conflicts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/20/24 04:20, Zahir Lalani wrote:

>> 1) When you say '... ran the underlying query ...' are you referring to:
>>
>> REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-refreshmaterializedview.html
>>
>> 2) What is the complete error message from the Postgres log?
>>

>>> Have I got it wrong??

>> --
>> Adrian Klaver
>> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
> To clarify:
>
> We are not running the REFRESH. We are only running the materialised view. We used to run the non-view query directly
andalways suffered from the conflict with recovery error due to data changes on the replica server during the query
run.We increased the max_standby_streaming_delay quite a lot, but these are very heavy queries which take a long time.
Sothat is when we decided to convert to an MV. We get the conflict a lot less, but still enough to be annoying. This
suggeststhat not all the MV data is cached and it still queries the source tables in some way?

От: Greg Sabino Mullane
Сообщение: Re: User pooler error: unsupported startup parameter: extra_float_digits
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Mat Views and Conflicts