Re: Release Notes for PostgreSQL v10.4 is same as release 9.6.9

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Release Notes for PostgreSQL v10.4 is same as release 9.6.9
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 1/31/19 8:52 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 02:07:41PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-10-4.html
>>
>> I could see the features, release date are identical in version 10.4 and
>> 9.6.9. Can you please check and this could help in choosing the right
>> version for any upgrade plan?
>>
>> Reference documentation
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-10-4.html
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/release-9-6-9.html
>
> I see different content at those two URLs.  I don't understand your
> question.

I think the question is which version they are considering to upgrade
to. Using the versioning guide:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Both of those are minor releases (i.e. 10.4, 9.6.9 respectively) for the
major versions that they support (i.e. 10, 9.6 respectively). They are
released on the same day as we release minor updates for all supported
versions on the same day.

If you are currently on 9.6, the easiest (and recommended) upgrade path
for minor fixes would be to go to the latest minor release as of this
writing (which is 9.6.11). Same if you are on 10, in which case the
latest minor release as of this writing is 10.6

If you are on 9.6 and want to go to 10 (or 11), that would be a
different upgrade path as that is considered a "major upgrade" (which is
covered both in the docs and the URL above)

I hope this helps.

Best,

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Release Notes for PostgreSQL v10.4 is same as release 9.6.9
Сообщение: Re: Release Notes for PostgreSQL v10.4 is same as release 9.6.9