Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/29/17 10:52, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> My target problem of adding NOT NULL to big relation without long downtime can be done with ADD CONSTRAINT NOT VALID,
VALIDATEit in second transaction, then SET NOT NULL by my patch and drop unneeded constraint.

It seems to me that this is a workaround for not properly cataloguing
NOT NULL constraints.  If we fixed that, you could do SET NOT NULL NOT
VALID and go from there.  Maybe we should look again into fixing that.
That would solve so many problems.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data