Re: PreparedStatement rounds doubles to scale 14 during update

От Peter Kovacs
Тема Re: PreparedStatement rounds doubles to scale 14 during update
Дата
Re: PreparedStatement rounds doubles to scale 14 during update  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thank you for the python reference, it is very instructive indeed.

I find it strange that the type mapping specification is in a tutorial
by Sun and not in a more formal document.

Thanks
Peter

On 9/5/07, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Peter Kovacs wrote:
> > Heikki,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply.
> >
> > What are base-10 datatypes? Are they numeric types? I cannot find them
> > in the backend documentation.
>
> I meant any data type that can accurately represent a base-10 decimal
> number. In PostgreSQL, that's numeric. In Java, it's BigDecimal.
>
> If you're not familiar with the differences between floating point and
> decimal numbers, I'd suggest you to read on it. This python tutorial for
> example has a pretty good chapter on the issues:
> http://docs.python.org/tut/node16.html
>
> > Is there a mapping of Java types to backend types documented somewhere?
>
> There is for mapping between Java types and SQL types, see "Getting
> Started with with the JDBC API" by Sun:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jdbc/getstart/mapping.html
>
> --
>   Heikki Linnakangas
>   EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: PreparedStatement rounds doubles to scale 14 during update
Сообщение: Re: PreparedStatement rounds doubles to scale 14 during update