Re: psqlODBC text length with no records

От Barry Bell
Тема Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I am referring the output of the odbc driver from SQL statement:
SELECT initcap('ABCDEF')::varchar vv FROM dual WHERE 1=0

You link only show the date type in postgres and I am asking about the driver output.
Are you using this statement with the ODBC driver?
(Output from the ODBC driver may be different format then for pg admin etc).

SELECT initcap('ABCDEF')::varchar vv FROM dual WHERE 1=0
I am expending a "character varying" or "varchar" output from the sql statement
But the I getting the postgres "text"
If the SQL is changed to return records, SELECT initcap('ABCDEF')::varchar vv FROM dual
The output is varchar

So
SELECT initcap('ABCDEF')::varchar vv FROM dual
Works, returns varchar
So the issues is with:
SELECT initcap('ABCDEF')::varchar vv FROM dual WHERE 1=0
Returning  "text", sqllongvar a different type then above,
Does not change with any unknownsize or datetype setting in ODBC driver.

Barry Bell
Senior Developer/Analyst
Logistics
Harte Hanks
1525 NW 3rd ST
Deerfield Beach FL, 33442
954-429-3771 Ext 267 office
954-281-1464 fax

hartehanks.com / linkedin / twitter / facebook